Q & A | How to Make a Bathroom Feel Extra Luxe
When space is at a premium what are some features or design elements I can include when planning my bathroom?
- Use a 3″ thick counter rather than your typical 2cm or 3cm surfaces. This feels extra weighty and is a visual splurge. Designer tip: you don’t have to actually have 3″ material, you can achieve the look by mounting to plywood and mitring corners.
2. When tiling the floor and shower floor be sure to use the same tile on the curb – this will create visual continuity and make a small bathroom feel larger.
3. Use the same slab counter surface as your backsplash for a cleaner more modern vibe.
4. Rainheads top our client wish list for hotel-type luxury in the bathroom.
5. Heated floors and towel warmers are a must, especially for our mountain clients.
6. Use a decorative mirror rather than a standard plate mirror to give it a special touch.
PS! Bonus Tip: Don’t forget greenery!
Something as simple as a cut Monstera leaf in a vase can give a global vibe!
Photo Credit | Christi Barbour at SLC Builder Show