HIGH POINT – WithIt has named the recipients of its 2019 WOW Awards. The awards were decided last Wednesday by a panel of five judges who scored packages and recommendations submitted by the nominees. The awards, which are given in four categories, will be presented at a gala dinner Jan. 27 during the Las Vegas Market.
The 2019 WOW Award recipients are:
- Mentoring: Christi Barbour and Christi Spangle, Barbour Spangle Design
- Education: Sam and Kacie Malouf, Malouf and The Malouf Foundation
- Future Leader: Lorelei Colbert, Thomasville & Co.
- Leadership: Lois Del Negro, Global Views
In addition, Ellen Gefen, president of Gefen Companies, will receive the Legacy Award, WithIt’s highest honor, celebrating her lifetime contributions to WithIt and the home furnishings industry.
At the Jan. 27 gala, all of the awards’ nominee finalists will be honored.
- Mentoring Award nominees included Chris Cooley, Michael Alan Furniture Design, and Katherine Hable and Susan Hable, Hable Construction.
- The Future Leader Award finalists included Taryn Kabei, C.S. Wo & Sons., and Julie Messner, International Market Centers (IMC).
- Leadership Award nominees included Susan Thayer, Rabbit Creek, and Kathy Wall, The Media Matters.
- The Education Award finalist was David Perry, Furniture Today.
The WOW Awards, which have been presented by WithIt since 1999, were created to recognize business leaders nominated by their peers who have contributed to the success of the home furnishings industries and have had a significant impact on their companies and the industry.
This year’s awards were made possible with the help of the awards’ vision sponsor IMC and event sponsors Furniture Branding and Moso Graphics.